Blue Cheese and Fig Crostini with Balsamic Glaze: A Luxurious Grain-Free, Plant-Based Appetizer
Get ready to amaze your guests with a recipe that's not only incredibly easy (less than 30 min prep) but also luxurious in taste and presentation! Our Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Blue Cheese and Fig Crostini will have everyone swooning and coming back for more. Usually, crostini is made from baguette, but in the grain-free world, finding a suitable replacement can be a challenge. Luckily we have just the solution using our incredible grain-free bagels! With the delightful combination of plant-based cheese, fresh, in-season figs, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze, this delicious appetizer will undoubtedly be the party hit. Your guests will delighted over the mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures. Elevate your gatherings with this exquisite, healthy, flavorful, and irresistibly elegant dish.
This appetizer is not only absolutely delicious, it also has some pretty amazing health benefits. Both figs and our bagels boast with prebiotic fiber, which not only supports a healthy gut microbiome but also has anti-inflammatory properties, making this appetizer a smart and delicious choice for your well-being.
- 1 bag of Plantiful Kitchen Plain Bagels
- Olive oil
- 1 wheel of Blue Cheese (we love Rind), you could even use Brie or Ricotta for a milder choice
- 1 basket of Figs (in season and oh-so-luscious!)
- Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tbsp of crushed Pistachios
1. Slice your bagels into crostini and brush them with olive oil.
2. Bake the bagel slices in your air fryer at 390°F for 4-5 minutes or in your oven at 350°F (convection setting) for 10 minutes until they turn perfectly crispy and golden.
3. Now, it's time to prepare the delicious toppings! Slice the blue cheese and figs to perfection. For the crushed pistachios, you can either use a knife or a food processor, whatever you prefer for that perfect texture.
4. Assemble the crostini: Lay out all your bagel crostini on a platter, ready to be adorned with the luxurious toppings.
5. First, top each crostini with a generous amount of blue cheese, allowing its rich flavor to blend beautifully with the bagel's grain-free goodness.
6. Next, place a luscious slice of fig on top of the blue cheese, adding a burst of sweet sophistication to the crostini.
7. Drizzle a touch of balsamic glaze over each crostini, adding a tangy depth that perfectly complements the other flavors.
8. Sprinkle the crushed pistachios on top, adding a delightful crunch that brings the whole creation together.