Skip to content
Welcome to our first recipe in the category of "Party Pleasers", where we're about to share a wholesome twist on a beloved classic: Pizza Bagels! Get ready to delight your taste buds with a guilt-free version that will have both kids and adults falling in love. The best part? They won't even realize they're indulging in a healthy treat and instead will be coming back for seconds. Embrace the joy of guilt-free indulgence and relish in the fact that you're providing your loved ones with a delicious, plant-based treat.
So, let's dive into this scrumptious recipe that combines the goodness of Plantiful Kitchen Bagels, flavorful homemade tomato sauce, gooey Miyokos mozzarella, and delectable toppings and let the aroma of freshly baked pizza bagels fill your kitchen. Get ready to bake, savor, and enjoy!
Half a jar or can of crushed tomatoes
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh oregano chopped (or ½ tsp dried)
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese: Miyokos mozzarella (or your preferred plant-based cheese)
- Toppings: We used Meaty Max Spicy Salami cubed and fresh mushrooms (use your preferred toppings)
1. Start by preparing the pizza sauce. In a bowl, mix together the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, fresh oregano, fresh basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the sauce to sit for at least 2 hours to develop its flavors. I prefer to make my own sauce because I live a scratch-made lifestyle, but store-bought sauce can be used if preferred (Bona Furtuna makes a clean sauce).
2. Cut the bagels in halves and lightly toast them. This will prevent them from getting soggy with the sauce.
3. Spread a generous amount of the tomato sauce on top of each bagel half.
4. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the sauce, ensuring a nice, even layer.
5. Add your desired toppings, such as Meaty Max Spicy Salami and fresh mushrooms, or customize with your preferred ingredients.
6. Place the topped bagel halves on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F convection for 8-11 minutes (depends on oven), or air-fry at 390°F for 5 minutes.
7. Once baked to perfection, remove the pizza bagels from the oven or air fryer. Sprinkle some fresh basil on top for an extra burst of flavor. This is really going to make you look like a master chef.
8. Now, it's time to savor the goodness! Indulge in these irresistible Grain-Free Plant-Based Pizza Bagels and enjoy the harmonious blend of flavors.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.